BayLISA -> BayISSA

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Fri Jun 18 15:32:28 PDT 2004

> In particular, Federal tax law imposes (in my non-professional opinion)
> no requirement that exempt organisations "welcome participation from
> anyone and everyone".

And, just to end this thread _again_, I never saw any application for nor
evidence of tax-exempt status, period, let alone under IRC 501(c)(3).  I
was Treasurer for 2 years and President for 2 more, and that covers 4 of
the 11 years so far; I looked in the Big Box -- hell, I reorganized it --
and saw nothing of this sort.  We just don't make enough money to go over
the threshold where one has pay any taxes, nor even file anything.  We were
so advised by Daniel R. Miller, J.D., C.P.A., one of our corporate members,
and that beats the letters after _my_ name by five.

So it's not a legal matter, merely a tactical one.  Please don't feed the
trolls.