Thanks!

Strata R Chalup strata at virtual.net
Fri Jun 18 12:34:11 PDT 2004

Thanks very much for the comments and the writeup-- will tweak
the website directions accordingly!

BTW, there's a 'baylisa-jobs at baylisa.org' which traditionally has
folks who don't always subscribe to the main baylisa at baylisa.org
list.  You might want to repost the bit about the job opening there.

cheers,
Strata

Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Many kudos to Heather for a good presentation this evening.  I didn't
> get to meet and greet everyone there, but it seemed like a decent number
> of people showed up.  I'm looking forward to future presentations.  Next
> time I hope to stay for after presentation meet and eats :)
>
> For those of you who couldn't make it, the topic was helpdesk automated
> responder using procmail and the many other uses that a company could
> benefit reusing this tool.  I would have liked more technical depth, but
> the presentation gave me some ideas about how this kind of tool can be
> used in other ways.  There was some debate about the use of automating
> on both sides of the email query, I know that our ticket system
> benefitted from having some automation in it (I now know some additional
> tweaks that could be added), but I also know that I hate getting stuck
> in an automated response loop where it feels like I'll never get a human
> reply.  Heather fielded the questions quite well, and it's obvious she
> knows the subject matter.
>
> For my first BayLISA meeting, I'm happily impressed.  I'm planning to
> join BayLISA as long as the current situation resolves.  If any people
> are needed for volunteer positions, please let me know.  I'd volunteer
> space, but my company doesn't have meeting room space.
>
> Also, job relevance.  Anyone looking for a technical support manager
> role? My company is looking for someone to be responsible for providing
> customer support on the product.  Please email me if interested, and
> I'll give you more details.  (A resume wouldn't hurt either.)
>
> Comment on the directions on the website:
>
>> From 280 Freeway
>
> light at Mariami and you should turn left there, right at the first
> driveway (marked with a blue apple), and park.
>
> a Donut Wheel shop to the left.) Now that you've turned around, you can
> enter the blue-apple marked driveway on your right. lot.
>
> at Mariani, which is rather large, and a light; then turn right into the
> blue-apple driveway.
>

> All of these directions instruct people to turn right into the driveway
> after turning on to Mariani.  The actual directions should be turn left
> on the Infinite Loop.  Having both the map and the directions, and the
> evidence in front of us we knew where to go today, but figured that this
> should probably be corrected on the website.
>

> Thanks again!
>
> Jennifer Davis

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
  ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **