Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

leslie devlin ldevlin at cnet.com
Fri Jun 18 10:33:54 PDT 2004

Location¹s a big issue for me too.  I live in El Cerrito and work in SF, so
going to a meeting not only means bringing my car in to work, but driving
back from Cupertino to El Cerrito at 9 or 10 at night, which is a haul.

I lurk, and I think, ³These meetings sound neat; I¹ll need to go to one
someday,² and ³Maybe I¹ll join, but I should go to some meetings first or I
won¹t get much out of it,² and it never goes beyond that because of the
distance.

Also, it seems like the few employed sysadmins I know are working in SF or
further north, and that a large chunk of the job postings are in or near SF
too.  So maybe location¹s a bigger factor than people realize.