BayLISA -> BayISSA

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at snew.com
Thu Jun 17 12:54:34 PDT 2004

Quoting Elizabeth Zwicky (zwicky at greatcircle.com):

> My experience with volunteer organizations suggests this is pointless,
> but I feel morally obliged to do it anyway:
>
> ALL TIME SPENT ARGUING ABOUT THE NAME IS WASTED.

Sure, but what do *you* know about any of this anyway.

;)

> All names for organizations suck. Unless you have one that
> is horrifically worse than usual (your organization is called
> "Stupid Annoying People of America", for instance) the only
> effective thing to do about it is to accept it and move on.

I will suggest that those who are really determine should call it
"group 6".  In fact, when you see the letters B.A.Y.L.I.S.A you
will think "group 6" and be done with it.

No, MY main issue that keeps we away from meetings is that as
someone who lives pretty near the Bay ("group" to you others),
getting from OaklandBerkeley to Apple is hell.  Well, heck at
least.  I briefly contemplated a job at Apple and having
neither catapult, chopper nor pneumatic tube, considered the
Rt24 -> Cuperitino  motorcycle ride.

Perhaps Steve Jobs would lend us E. Bayers his chopper for 'air pooling'.