AIX question

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Jun 17 11:57:36 PDT 2004

> You might find:
>
> http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixbman/baseadmn/start_stop.htm

Thanks, I started with that site.  Specifically, the situation is this:

The box is in Atlanta.  The SE is claiming the serial console isn't giving
him an option to go to single user mode.  From my understanding he should
see a menu whether he is on a serial console, or attached with monitor and
IBM keyboard.  I have barely touched AIX, so I'm asking in the hope that
someone with many years of AIX experience can pipe up and say "Yes he
should be able to see this menu and press 5 to get to single user
boot from the serial console".

Jennifer