BayLISA -> BayISSA

Elizabeth Zwicky zwicky at greatcircle.com
Thu Jun 17 11:59:25 PDT 2004

At 10:33 AM -0700 6/17/04, John Martinez wrote:
>On Jun 17, 2004, at 9:54 AM, Mark C. Langston wrote:
>
>>It's my understanding that the expansion of the acronym fell by
>>the wayside some time ago, and that "LISA" is no longer expanded.
>>At least, that was what I've been given to understand by the
>>USENIX folks I've talked to.
>
>I don't know, the conference I plan on attending late this year
>still goes by the old name.
>
><http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa04/>

Actually it *again* goes by the old name. There were several years when
SAGE pointlessly attempted to stamp out the expansion. Repeat after
me: attempts to play with the name never help.

And yes, LISA came first, then BayLISA, then SAGE. I point this out only
to quash arguments on the subject (as a founder of BayLISA and of SAGE).

	Elizabeth

----
zwicky at greatcircle.com
Newest project: Opal Eleanor Armstrong Zwicky, born March 4, 2004
Nothing much happened in the last year except a death, a wedding,
flesh-eating bacteria, a move, and a birth.