Seeking Zope/Plone hosting and Systems Administration

Ken Malone ken at malones.org
Tue Jun 15 17:41:36 PDT 2004

[MIME & HTML stuff trimmed during the approval process, since I hadn't
warned this poster.... -- postmaster@]

Greetings:

Our company has developed an Internet tracking system that uses Zope and
Plone as its application platform. We currently house the server onsite
but are looking for external hosting to provide a more scalable and
fault-tolerant solution for our customers. Right now, a single
well-provisioned Linux box with Zope using its native webserver and
database will suffice. At minimum, we want regular backup and OS
security update service. The system is stable but we do require 24/7
telephone-availability for unplanned downtime response. Normally, we
communicate by email.

Ideally, the provider will have skills to perform Zope/Plone maintenance
on an as-needed basis. Very soon, we will be seeking development help as
well. In the months ahead, we will implement an Apache front-end, a
PostgreSQL or Ingres back-end, and ZEO-clustering.

Our tracking system is unique and eagerly anticipated by several large
customers awaiting implementation. We are looking for an affordable,
long-term Zope/Plone service provider, preferably in South Bay, who can
grow with us.

Regards,
Ken Malone
408-567-0197