throw away - Re: Datacenter tools?

Sun Jun 6 07:38:51 PDT 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Roy S. Rapoport wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 07:45:16PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:
> > one has to have as much or MORE air coming in than what goes out
>
> I tried that once.  Once I actually stopped all the air leaks, the computer
> worked for only about ten minute before blowing up due to the pressure
> differential.

blocking "air leaks" shouldn't blow anything up ..
	- might make the system quieter though

- blocking a 4" fan for say 30sec - minute might cause the cpu temp
  to rise  and maybe even automatically shutdown the box

"air leaks" should not be an issue ... unless the airflow is marginal
to being with ??

	- and what was the cpu temp with the normal airflow ??
	( sounds like it was running higher than it should be ? )

just wondering ...

c ya
alvin