Datacenter tools?

Dave Mack dmack at leviatron.com
Thu Jun 3 16:50:45 PDT 2004

Genie Lift GL-8 with load platform and ladder. Allows one person to
rack-mount equipment weighing up to about 400 lbs up to shoulder-height.
The integral ladder makes it easy to work at the top of racks or in
cable trays. Avoid the "straddle" base - too wide for easy maneuvering
in data center aisles. Also, don't believe too much about the maximum
claimed height the lift will reach - you can't attach the load platform
when the forks are inverted and the bare inverted forks don't provide a
horizontal plane for lifting things.

Takes up about as much floor space as a rack but fits nicely in the
"untouchable" zone beside the PDU.

http://www.genielift.com/ml-series/ml-1-3.asp

No, I don't work for 'em.

Dave Mack