Strong Scripting Skills

Jesse Adelman jesse at boldandbusted.com
Fri Jan 30 19:36:41 PST 2004

I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to thank everyone for your answers
to my questions about defining (or interpreting) what "strong scripting
skills" would mean or imply. The response made me feel both confident
and humble, and gave me some really good guidance on teasing out its
meaning both from the context it is within, as well as approaches to
determining what it means when I talk with the prospective employers.
Oh, and the tangential scripting exercises were also very entertaining
and enlightening.

And, while this is OT, I must say that within the last two weeks, I've
been quite encouraged to see that the market for *NIX Admins (at least
in the Bay Area) seems to be returning to life with a vengeance. I'm
actually getting cold calls from recruiters again, Craig's List has
come to life, and, while the "boom" will probably (thankfully?) not
return for the near future, at least there's a pulse.

Best wishes to you all,

Jesse Adelman
SF, CA
Resume: http://resume.boldandbusted.com/