Fairly rude surprise in logs this AM -- possible DoS attempt?

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Wed Jan 21 06:31:52 PST 2004

David Wolfskill wrote:

> Actually, it seems that I probably did:  I no longer save spam itself,
> but I do log some information about it.

I save it in case I ever need to retrain my Bayesian filters.  So far they
catch upwards of 95-98% of the spam with zero false positives and I have to
review maybe 3 messages a day it's not able to classify.

> And what I have logged shows
> that I probably sent mail to abuse at zonnet.nl around Sun Jan 18 12:51:36
> 2004.  The message would have been in re: spam vectored via
> dslam36-32-59-81.dyndsl.zonnet.nl [81.59.32.36].

That'll teach ya.  :-)
--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");