Fairly rude surprise in logs this AM -- possible DoS attempt?

Tue Jan 20 07:25:54 PST 2004

hi ya david

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, David Wolfskill wrote:

> So -- I received an explanation for the portscanning I mentioned here:

if you didn't send the initial (complaint) mail to them ( zonnet.nl ),
than they should not have been scanning you in the first place

if they scanned first, their explanation doesnt fly ...

it's odd that they scan the sender of emails ...
	what would be the point ?
	- are they collecting a list of open proxy ???

	- why not make that "list of daily thousands of open proxy"
	available so that we all can use it as an rbl, since they've
	already verified its an open proxy and they received "spam"

c ya
alvin