BayLISA tonight! 7ish pm

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Thu Jan 15 13:38:39 PST 2004

NOTE new location --> Building 4, Town Hall.  Permanent change :D

  That's right folks, our own Jim Dennis is going to talk about using
  Systrace effectively at BayLISA tonight.   Not strace, but something
  like it - more like "fakeroot" on steroids - or a system call
  firewall, filtering out what calls are permitted and which are to be
  watched or logged.

  Sorry for you palm pilot types who plan ahead, I didn't mail earlier
  in the week.

  BayLISA meets on the Third Thursday every month, so "tonight" for
  those of you whose mail agents don't show arrival time in the headers,
  is:
	January 15th
	7:30 pm
		arrive about 7 pm for snacks, announcments, chitchat

  Our location this month has moved, to a nicer and larger hall, and
  will be staying at the new spot.  It's a little easier to describe the
  directions:
	Town Hall
	the larger auditorium in Apple's building 4
	infinite loop
	Apple Campus, Cupertino
	near 280 @ De Anza exit

  As you come in on Mariani from De Anza, go around the back side of the
  loop; to me it seems like it is slightly closer from the left side of
  the Loop as you come in.

  For anyone who's wondering who the heck Jim Dennis is, that bushy
bearded redheaded guy who can't stop talking about Linux, and is married
to me, and is really active on some webzine thingy called Linux Gazette.
You'd think he was famous for it or something ;P   Tell your BSDish pals
too;  Systrace began as a netBSD/openBSD app.  Systrace support involves
kernel support, so some of that will be covered, too.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078

kernel, n.:
        A part of an operating system that preserves the medieval
        traditions of sorcery and black art.