questions about differences between RFC822, RFC2822

Tim Mitchell trm at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 19 15:51:39 PST 2004

	Could someone help me understand some of the differences between
RFC822 and RFC2822 - summarize please? I am hoping to read the whole
RFC2822 soon, but 48 pages is not quick. The issue is that my employer's
MS Exchange MTA servers are having problems sending mail to an Internet site
( a huge one ) which choose to force compliance with RFC2822 instead of
only RFC822. They will not accept a mesage body which is not RFC2822. I know
that the Postfix MTA software which I use at home does work to this Internet
site.

	Currently work is MS Exchange 5.5 if that helps, to be upgraded
to MS Exchange 2003 "before long". Not my choice which MTA work uses. But
Postfix works just fine at my home domain/MX server.

	Tim Mitchell
	trm at eskimo.com