[tara at usenix.org: Re: [SAGE] Chuck Yerkes has passed away]

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Aug 30 16:42:07 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from Tara Mulligan <tara at usenix.org> -----

From: Tara Mulligan <tara at usenix.org>
Subject: Re: [SAGE] Chuck Yerkes has passed away
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:59:43 -0700
To: sage-members at usenix.org

It's wonderful to see the outpouring of appreciation for Chuck on this
list--it's just one of many lists he wrote to with his "sage" advice.
Many of us in the office knew Chuck well from past USENIX/SAGE
conferences, and he recently answered the volunteer call to help us
staff our booth at the SF LinuxWorld.  Ever helpful.

Chuck's address, where he lived with his long-time partner, Valerie
Acton, (also a USENIX/SAGE member), is posted at the web site below.
Members of Chuck's family are in town, along with many of his non-Bay
Area friends, and most are staying at the address posted.   The site
also contains information about a memorial fund that has been set up:

http://www.adownie.net:8888/vqwiki/jsp/Wiki?StartingPoints

We'll be happy to forward on any cards that are sent to the office to
Valerie and his family, but the direct address is:

 7070 Westmoorland Dr.
 Berkeley CA 94705

Per Hal's suggestion, instituting an award in Chucks honor is being
discussed, and information about it will be posted when decided upon.

Tara

Tara Mulligan
Member Services Manager
USENIX Association

----- End forwarded message -----

David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Evidence of curmudgeonliness:  becoming irritated with the usage of the
word "speed" in contexts referring to quantification of network
performance, as opposed to "bandwidth" or "latency."