Wanted an eagle disk drive for my Sun 2/150 server

Robert Harker harker at harker.com
Thu Aug 19 22:26:52 PDT 2004

I am starting to get ready for the Vintage Computer Festival coming to
the Computer History Museum on November 6th-7th and am wanting to build
out my Sun 2 network.  Remember them, the old Motorola 68010 multibus
machines.  I have a Sun 100u workstation than I hope to get running and
I have a Sun 2/150 rack mount server, but I need a disk drive or
two for it.  What I really want is a pair of Fujitsu Eagle disk drives.
Remember them, 14" platters, a full 5 amps of power, 100 pound hernia
maker, with, count them, a whole 380 Million Bytes of space.  I remember
having a rack of four of them with over a giga-byte of useable space.  It
took full 20 amp circuit and the solid rubber wheels on the rack went flat.

Since this is a labor of love, I don't really want to pay anything for
them, but I am willing to pick them up and give them a good home and
will gladly reconize the donor in my exhibit.

I am also looking for a CDC 1/2" tape drive, thick yellow Ethernet cable and
trancivers, and perhaps an old rack under the same terms.

I would also be very interested in any other old Sun 2 hardware,
especially a Sun 2/120 pedestal and a door for either a Sun 2/150 or
Sun 2/170 server.  I have some Sun 3/160, Sparc Stations, and Sun
19" B&W monitors to trade.

I suspect that are a few fellow hardware junkies out there like me with
a stash of old, might I say antique, hardware that is too good, or too
important, or too special to throw away, but that you know you will
never use again.  (as my wife says, "When are you going to get rid of
that junk!") Here is a chance to find it a good home and hopefully see
it work again.

A short plug for the Vintage Computer Festival.  If you want to see some
cool old hardware, much of it under steam (running), it is the place to go.
Many old Xerox altos, durados (sp?), stars; PDP/8 and PDP/11's; Apple Lisa
and pre IBM/Microsoft PCs were on display last year.  Got something old,
got something interesting, exhibit it.

For more information, go to:
	http://vintage.org/2004/main/

Thanks in advance
RLH

There is a Sun 100u in the Smithsonian Museum of American History,
but mine is older.