Tough interview questions.

John Martinez rolnif at mac.com
Fri Aug 13 14:18:36 PDT 2004

On Aug 13, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Michael T. Halligan wrote:

> I have to interview somebody I don't want to hire in about 1/2 hour..
> Management wants him because he's their cronie.  What are people's
> favorite
> "give them a tough time" interview questions?

Amazingly enough: "What's the difference between TCP and UDP?"

Also, some of my favorites:

Explain to me the boot up process of Solaris/Linux/FreeBSD/whatever
from power off to the highest run level.
When you use ping to check a remote host, what exactly happens?
Troubleshooting questions of any kind. Difficult problems often have
simple solutions, check for that.

-john