laptop cooling ideas?

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Aug 9 17:05:15 PDT 2004

I just got a powerbook 17", and though I've fallen in love with it,
I've also noticed the tremendous amount of heat it seems to shoot
down. In the coming winter months, I'm sure I'll learn to love this
feature, but right now it makes me nervous.

The first idea I've come up with is to buy a marble slab.. While this
will be rather useless for placing upon my lap, or carrying, it should
suck in the heat pretty well, since marble's a great heat sink. As a
base to put the laptop on when it's on a desk, laptop stool, a
chair/bed/pillow, it should work well (though be slightly cumbersome).

Beyond a big piece of rock, does anybody have any better ideas for
cooling laptops, that are preferably quiet?

BitPusher, LLC
http://www.bitpusher.com/
1.888.9PUSHER
(415) 724.7998 - Mobile