Anyone here interested in Commodore 8-bits and ancient PC's?

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Mon Aug 9 16:05:38 PDT 2004

I have a storage locker and I want to stop having one.  Trouble is,
it's got stuff in it that I can't bear to just throw away.

When I was a kid I used to beg and plead my parents to buy all the
latest peripherals and accessories for my Commodore VIC-20, and later
64 and 128, computer.  They usually refused, citing the cost.

So when I got older, and the stuff became more and more obsolete, I
started buying used computers, disk drives, monitors, printers, and
all the essential fiddly bits of a complete Commodore setup.  And in
many cases I bought several of each item.  It was the late 90's and
money seemed to be flowing faster than I could spend it (I somehow
managed to keep up, but that's another story).

So now, I'm getting tired of paying $150 a month to the storage place
for stuff I never play with.  I still want to keep a few representative
pieces but most of the duplicates I can part with.  Trouble is, I
can't bring myself to just throw it away.

But, if someone wants to play with it, I'll happily give it away.  Let
me know if you or someone you know wants some of the best 8-bit
computers ever made!

--Bill.

PS: I have old PC stuff too.  Mostly 286 and 386 vintage.  Nothing
particularly useful today, and I'll recycle it if there's no interest.
No idea if it still works or not - old CMOS batteries aren't known for
their reliability.