802.11G access point recommendations?

Sat Aug 7 08:14:55 PDT 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, David Wolfskill wrote:

> And on seeing my post, I now note that Michael's query was re: 802.11g
> -- not 802.11b.  Still, the principles ought to be similar regardless
> of implementaton details in physical transport.

not all 802.11g cards run at rated 54Mbps... and finding the drivers
for it can be fun

worst case might be to run the 802.11g at 802.11b speeds just so that it
works

c ya
alvin

- i see no difference between using the insecure WEP to minimize
  sniffing over the air vs people sniffing the copper wire ...
	sniffing the copper a much bigger problem than the van
	parked outside on the street