SUMMARY : Reliable laptops under $1k?

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Aug 2 10:25:14 PDT 2004

Well, after much wrangling back and forth, and a lot of advice heeded from
this list, I took my wife down to the Apple store. She fell in love with
the 12" Powerbook, so I bought one off of ebay this weekend, to arrive
tommorrow.  I also bought myself a new 17" to arrive later this week. :)

I was very impressed with the weight, and the width of the keyboard.
I actually found the powerbook easier to type on than the Thinkpad,
which to date had been my favorite laptop keyboard layout.  The screen
is beautiful, with great clarity and acceptable resolution.

If I were to find a problem with the 12" powerbook, it would only be
that the touchpad isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be.

Now, how to squeeze debian onto a powerbook?

BitPusher, LLC
http://www.bitpusher.com/
1.888.9PUSHER
(415) 724.7998 - Mobile