"Impressive" datacenters in SF?

Roy S. Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Fri Sep 19 10:37:54 PDT 2003

> Are there any GOOD hosting facilities in SF.. not resellers/small, but a
> tier1/2 facility
> like equinix/att/sprint?  The only one I know of so far is level3.

Three years ago or thereabouts, aboveNet (or whatever they're called these
days) was building a DC in SF.  We toured it and were suitably impressed,
though this was before the electronics were put in -- we were getting to
see the building foundations, etc.  But given how they've built their
other DCs, I'd assume their tech is top-notch (not enough, of course, to
not bother checking :) ).

-roy