HTML. Don't Do This. What ... & Why?

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 26 10:15:47 PST 2003

"Heh! Look at the source code! "

As it so happens, I did, before I commented. I don't see anything
objectionable; it looks like perfectly good, basic HTML to me.

Like I said, I might or might not agree ... but neglecting to be
explicit in one's disagreement, doesn't help anyone.

(Unless of course, one's agenda is to cheaply acquire a short-lived
sense of superiority.)

I -still- haven't seen a single person who's got the courage to put
their criticism of the referenced HTML, into words that others can read.

Allow me to.

Apparently there is nothing actually wrong with the HTML, unless you are
referring to the absence of META tags; but that is hardly a crime, that
is a personal choice ... an option.

In the not-too-distant future, search engines will be fast enough and
big enough to not need to rely on META tags ... and all this will be an
obsolete memory of how things used to be, a long time ago.

Seems to me that any HTML is better than no HTML, and instead of
slamming someone for not knowing what one knows, one should be able to
explain it, so that everyone knows.

Otherwise, one is not teaching anyone anything ... and for this reason
one is not an authority ... only a critic.

Regards,

-- richard

Richard Childers / Senior Engineer
Daemonized Networking Services