RedHat Advanced Server licensing?

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 00:19:53 PDT 2003

I don't personally know anything about RHAS or RHEA other than to know that
Rick is correct.  They do have intellectual property not licensed for
redistribution contained in either one.

I just met a guy this week who's doing a project to create an exact clone of
it, minus those parts.  It's a side project of this:

http://www.caosity.org/

I know the site's got a lot of rambling verbosity which doesn't really reflect
the mission well.  They could reduce 2 pages down to one paragraph.  But there
are side projects surrounding caosity.org, and there is Fedora and whatnot.  At
VA Linux, basically the idea was to produce "redhat, but fixed".  And this
caosity project has some of VA's former lead engineering talent behind it.

As I understand it, none of this is production work just yet.