Thoughts on premise security (redux)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Oct 19 12:00:31 PDT 2003

Quoting richard childers / kg6hac (fscked at pacbell.net):

> (My first reply to this, sent over 90 minutes ago, was -not- propagated
> by the BayLISA mail server ...

Well, _duh_.  I went back and checked, and here's the relevant stuff in your
"first reply, sent over 90 minutes ago".  (Ordinarily, my MUA as a
matter of local policy autoremoves the annoying parts of doubled ASCII+HTML
MIME mail, so I tend not to notice.)  Here:

Those are of course exactly what induce majordomo to hold your posts for
manual listadmin approval.

> Apparently, -someone- found the potential for someone, somewhere,
> taking offense, was greater than your, and others', need for good
> information.  Nice, eh?)

So, just to close out my inquiry, and cut through the bullshit:  I had
guessed that the cause of your complaint was exactly as above, but had
wanted to check, anyway.  As expected, it turns out to be not in the
least mysterious.  Obviously, you can stop having your posts intercepted
(and making extra work for the postmasters) any time you feel like it.
Or keep on 'til doomsday, if you prefer.

OK, we're done.

--
Cheers,                                  Accordions don't play Lady of Spain;
Rick Moen                                _people_ play Lady of Spain.
rick at linuxmafia.com