Free Course: Implementing Effective Business Contracts (resend)

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 18 10:39:24 PDT 2003

"If you don't like it, the unsubscribe methods are straightforward."

The fact is that BayLISA exists for the entire population of Bay Area
systems administrators. That is its mandate. Your comments do not
challenge my statement that this sort of leadership is unsatisfactory
... and that is because I am right. It -is- shoddy leadership.

However, because it is a public, non-profit corporation, and I have a
website of my own, my alternatives are quite broad.

For instance, I could subscribe to the lists from another address, and
use this to demonstrate how messages are selectively propagated, and
submit the contents of the messages to statistical analysis by
interested third parties, so that they could determine, for themselves,
if a small party of, say, sycophants, might have seized control of the
organization and are using it for their own benefit. ... This may have
already happened, by the way.

That's just one alternative.

Another is to collect this information for a few years until I have such
a vast accumulation of contradictory behavior from the group, as a
whole, that it's just plain embarrassing.

Say, refusing postings that have HTML, but including postings that have,
well, HTML.

But I'm probably not the only one collecting BayLISA postings; see below
for details.

The fact is that what appears to be premeditated censorship of the
mailing lists seems to have started about the time I posted links to my
entertaining little article about TRBSCO, or, as many know, now, Oracle
Corporation.

While it may be tangential to your comments, it's worth considering
that, a few days after the OracleWorld bomb threats cleared out Moscone
Center, I was contacted by the office of Senator Boxer ... replying to
the letter I had sent their office some two months before, and inviting
me to provide them with contact information so that they could open a file.

(I replied, asking if this had anything to do with the OracleWorld bomb
threats, and if I would have to wait another eight weeks for my reply.
That was two weeks ago. No reply yet. Your tax dollars, hard at work ...)

If one takes into account the fact that my controversial article about
Oracle's approach to human resources, Superior Court case management,
criminal conspiracy, and fraud preceded the unprecedented threat to bomb
OracleWorld, by a mere eight weeks, then it is child's play to conclude
that I am a suspect, in the eyes of some.

I have not been arrested, or even questioned ... and yet, it's likely
that my Internet connection is tapped, and, indeed, a recent DSL service
out[r]age coincided with my tongue-in-cheek comments to another, via
email, that it was reassuring that taps could still be detected by the
network latency they inserted into the telecommunications circuit.  (-:

So your pompous comments may well be recorded for future generations to
see in the archives of the United States Government; ask yourself how
your words will stand up ten years from now.

One other observation.

Small packs of bullies don't intimidate me, because I know that, alone
and by themselves, they are ineffective, helpless, and prone to
collecting in larger groups ... because that's the only way they can get
any respect, by posturing and strutting in front of each other, egging
each other on.

I'm not saying that you are a small pack of sycophantic bullies, of
course ... that would be defamation.

I'm just drawing parallels between similar behaviors.

Food for thought.

Maybe you should stick to raising cats.

Regards,

-- richard