inline HTML, 1L8N, 16-bit character sets, the death of ASCII predicted

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 17 12:38:01 PDT 2003

[postmaster@ is getting closer to "caught up"....]

Depends on your client and level of sophistication, doesn't it?

Rich text isn't going away any time soon. In fact, most clients
automatically convert anything that parses as a URL into a clickable
entity. Multiple fonts are frequently embedded in messages.

I personally find it valuable to use bold to highlight certain critical
elements of communications to clients, so that there is no misunderstanding.

The majority of the world's users increasingly agree, that this adds
value ... and with 18LN efforts solidly based on 16-bit character sets,
the days of plain old ASCII are, I suspect, numbered.

-- richard