Mac files on Linux question..

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Tue Oct 14 22:06:01 PDT 2003

I'm trying to help my roommate retrieve some ProTools files
from a DVD he was given after a recording session.. I can seem
to transfer everything except for the session file.. For some reason
when linux seese one of these files it turns it into a dbase3 file.
I've tried creating a new session file, ftping it to linux, it becomes
a dbase3 file (at least that's what "file filename" outputs) that
is no longer a protools file.. And when I just try ftping from the
mounted dvd to my roommate's mac, same thing, it loses it's file type.

I've been tooling around for macutils for about an hour, and still
no luck.. Any thoughts beyond telling my roommate to go buy a dvd
drive?

--
Michael T. Halligan