?? Re: Free IT Training at UCSC-Extension - humm

Mon Oct 6 18:02:51 PDT 2003

hi ya

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, David Wolfskill wrote:

> >The site makes me think legit but what's the hook?
> >Why?
>
> [Y]our tax dollars at work, I believe.

the UC system gets their standard $295/class ... or whatever they
charge .. or $1999.99 classes
	typically about 1/3 goes to the teacher

the students gets to learn (new?) stuff

the corp might fill in the paperwork to get a refund of the
fees and is stuck with said admin for 90 more days to get
their refunds

content of the material and teacher might be the "what's the catch"
	- UC classes are taught by every spectrum of teachers
	you can imagine .. good -- normal -- bad

c ya
alvin