How is "tip" spelled on Linux-speak?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Oct 1 12:07:38 PDT 2003

>Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:20:20 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
>To: baylisa at baylisa.org
>Subject: How is "tip" spelled on Linux-speak?

>In particular, using the recently-minted Linux BBC (Bootable Business Card)?

My thanks to the many correspondents who suggested either "cu" or
"minicom".

Having been exposed to SysV-flavored systems some years ago, I was aware
of the existence of "cu", but the BBC had indicated that it was not to
be found.

It did, however, find "minicom".

Now all I need to do is figure out how to use it (when it claims

	minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
	modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/ttyS1
	minicom: cannot open /dev/ttyS1: No such file or directory

Hmmm......)

Thanks again....!

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
If you want true virus-protection for your PC, install a non-Microsoft OS
on it.  Plausible candidates include FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and
Solaris (in alphabetical order).