Candidates for new Board

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Wed Nov 5 13:37:58 PST 2003

  My apologies, for this is a pretty long message, but it's that time
  of year again :)

  FYI our Board meeting is 1st Thursday (tomorrow as I type this), 7:30 pm.
  If you'd like to attend (eother in person or voice) mail blw at baylisa.org
  to have the location confirmed and/or get phone contacts.

  For any current BayLISA member who is inclined to aid us in how all
  this stuff works behind the scenes - please express your candidacy
  for the Board of BayLISA.

  A typical Candidate's Statement includes:

  1. Your current interest in experience in BayLISA
  2. The kind of knowledge and energy you'd like to bring to the
     Board.
  3. a short mention of whether you are likely to serve even if not
     elected.

  For Example:
     I'm Heather Stern. I've been actively attending BayLISA general
     meetings regularly since 1995, when I moved to the area.  I got
     involved with being helpful at board meetings when my husband
     Jim Dennis was elected to the board - my interests and strengths
     are different than his and at a later point I was elected to the
     Board as well.

     Since I've been on the Board I've aided in such matters as web
     maintenance, policy matters, a few picnic logistics, and rounding
     up several speakers.  I'm presently Arch - the secretary - and
     while the job I do with it isn't perfect, if you'll have me I'll
     gladly continue to serve you on the Board of BayLISA.

     I will continue to work with the Board even if not re-elected.

  I almost forgot to mention. the offices of President, Arch, and
  Treasurer are not filled in by election at the general meeting;
  they're elected by the resulting Board at the investiture of our
  new members, every year.  This year there are 4 openings for Board.
  We do have some candidates already.  We need more.

  If you submit your candidacy either here on baylisa at baylisa.org
  or to the wheels on blw at baylisa.org, we will also add it to a
  publicly accessible section on the website so all members can
  consider the candidates in front of them.  If you'd rather only be
  considered by the folks who actually attend the November meeting to
  vote... please prepare about 2 minutes or less to say about yourself
  and how you can serve BayLISA, but it would be ideal if you can
  inform someone on the Board that you're planning to do that, so we
  can give you a formal line on the ballots, which are prepared ahead
  of time.

  As a final note, only currently paid up BayLISA members can either
  vote or become Board members.  Take a moment to bring your membership
  up to date via the online form if you'd like to beat the rush...
	http://cgi-bin/newentry.cgi
		Sorry about the note saying it can't accept your
		money. If you use PayPal it can.  But otherwise you
		can fill this part out, then bring a check or cash
		to the meeting.

  Or print yourself a membership form, and bring that and your wallet
  to the general meeting:
	http://www.baylisa.org/membership/BayLISA-membership-form.ps

  We are also seeking new Corporate Members for the upcoming year.
  Contact the Board if your company would like to sponsor BayLISA, or if
  you know a company contact who'd be interested.  Corporate members get
  one vote (like everyone else) but we provide some additional benefits.
  The website's sponsorship pages will be updated in December.

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-