HE.Net Quotes?

Alvin Oga alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com
Thu May 29 16:52:54 PDT 2003

hi ya david

On Thu, 29 May 2003, David E. Weekly wrote:

> Folks here had mentioned rates at HE's Fremont facilities for $100/1mbps and
> $400/5mbps. My account rep at HE says this ain't so. Anyone care to swap
> notes?

i think it's commission based .. :-)
	- different sales reps seems to give different rates ?

going rates is $100/Mbps from various isp, depending on how you
add and subtract for a fair apples to apples comparison
for the "same bandwidth + rack space"

watch out for other charges, either in rack charges or long term contract
or install fees or extra ip# charges or extra power/amperage fees
or router charges or "expedite fees vs 2 weeks to go live"  and lots of
fees ( $1,000 ) if you exceed your "95th percentile quota"

and if it's 1Mbps, you can get a full T1 to your office for
$400 + local pacbell charges ( $200-$250 typical? )
	- or burstable T3 tooo ...

mix and match  as needed ...

have fun
alvin

pretty pictures of some of the backbone
	http://www.micro-colo.net/POP.gifs/

my numbers was...
( he.net and level3 reseller quotes was ready for signature )

( ask um 3x and you'll get 3 different answers )

			full rack	bw
	he.net		$ 400		$ 400 / 1Mpbs
					$ 300 / 512Mbps
					$ 250 / 256Kbps