IDS Survey Participants Requested

chrisl+baylisa at cs.cmu.edu chrisl+baylisa at cs.cmu.edu
Tue May 27 12:51:11 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am a researcher at Carnegie Mellon University and I would like a few
minutes of your time to help make firewalls and intrusion detection
systems more usable.

The group I am in is developing technology for embedding firewall- and
IDS-like functionality into disk drives and network interface cards.
I am investigating how IDSs are used in the real world to determine
how to administer these new "self-securing" devices.  If you use
firewalls/IDSs and would like to help, take this survey about IDS
usage:

http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/Secure/sysadmin-survey/

We expect it to take about 15-20 minutes.

I would also like to interview IDS users.  If you are interested,
contact me.

For more information about this project, email me and/or visit the
project web site:

http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/Castellan/

Feel free to pass this along to anyone you think would be interested.

Thanks.

- Chris

A. Chris Long <*> aclong+survey{@}ece.cmu.edu <*> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~chrisl
Postdoctoral Fellow, Parallel Data Laboratory, Carnegie Mellon University