Low-cost help with telecomm for start-up?

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Fri Jun 20 20:50:52 PDT 2003

> Does anyone has suggestions for telecomm folks who would be willing
> and able to work with such a company?  I'd prefer to work with folks
> who are near the area.

I'd do it myself but I'm kind of out of the area.

You might contact an outfit called NetVersant.  They do work for us running
_our_ Mitel PBX, and I'm sure they could help, but money might be an issue.

At extremely low budgets, xDSL is your friend.  Talk to meer.net about
SDSL.  So is Centrex, for small numbers of stations (under 50).  Talk to
any Pac*Bell^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HSBC rep about that, and don't bother feeding
your PBX for a while; a voice T1 is a big chunk of money compared to a
handful of Centrex lines.