Too far for asdl...?

Roy S. Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Fri Jul 25 20:57:55 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:13:20PM -0700, David Alban wrote:
> Can anyone give me a testimonial for a sysadmin-friendly provider
> that also does reverse dns?  I'm looking for static IP's.  Customer
> support that has a clue would be a plus.

I can't rave enough about cliq.com.  They're more expensive than PacBell,
but when you call them you get a sysadmin on the phone.  Also, they tend to
approach it from the "we charge you more because it costs us more, so
anything we can do for you without raising our cost is something we *will*
do for you."

Static IPs? Check.  Lots of them.  Reverse DNS? Ha.  They'll do RDNS if you
want.  Personally, I just had them delegate it to me.

-roy