VI and casual meetups

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Tue Jul 15 13:39:13 PDT 2003

Yay for vi! (or did I miss something?)

On a different note, is there anyone interested in a group meetup on the
weekends at all to talk about system administration, or anything else
interesting and fun?  Not anything in stone with power speakers, but just
getting together and talking?  I'm relatively new to the Bay Area, and I'm
generally really tired during the week with working full time, as well as
being a student full time, so I never seem to meet any of the fun people
who frequent these lists.  I'm more likely to drive a little further on
the weekend than during the week.  I'm really happy the PENlug group has
been started, but it's only one option and I missed the meeting for this
month having caught a summer cold.  I'm sort of thinking of a BOF type
thing, where we could pick different topics, or problems and discuss.

What are the options for this kind of thing?  Restaurant?  Meeting at a
house? University somewhere? (Caltech had two different options in that a
spare room could be arranged, or the library had a conference room
available that you could just sign up for)

Jennifer