Leroy, Oracle, and Institutional Prejudice Against Outsiders

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 15 12:34:55 PDT 2003

Alan Factor wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:10:56 -0700, Roy S. Rapoport
> <rsr at inorganic.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm not saying you are ... well, a whole bunch of things.  But I'm not
>> going to say them.
>

> I admire your restraint.
>
> Alan

Alan, Roy ...

I pity your ignorance ... and your prejudice. The two are often found
together.

Consider the following:

(1) I have been a court-appointed foster parent for the City & County of
San Francisco, for several years.

(2) My foster child is half Negro, and half Indian.

(3) My wife is Oriental.

(4) My children are a delicious blend of Hungarian, Cherokee, Cantonese,
Irish, Scottish, German and Semitic. In other words, they are Americans.

If anyone thinks that I am stupid enough to pre-judge people by their
genetic or cultural background, they are simply projecting their own
worst personal characteristics upon a convenient scapegoat.

I encourage you to look in the mirror and contemplate the basis of your
judgement.

Is it based upon fear of the unknown, and ignorance? Or is based upon
objective facts?

If there are objective facts, let's hear them.

If there are no objective facts, then perhaps you should consider
discussing your prejudices with a trained professional whom can help you
understand your cognitive dissonance and its sources.

Thanks !!

-- richard