Antispam - employee's

Tue Jul 15 04:38:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Alvin Oga (alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com):
>
> > we(i) don't want tens/hundreds/thousands of users playing with their
> > own flavor of spam filters ??
>
> And why not?  It's their mail.

the other people in the corp has other things to do than
to fiddle with their spam filters ...
	- most all spam should be removed within a few seconds of
	work on the mta ...  instead of few seconds or days
	of spam filter fiddling at each client's box
	( desktop, laptop, home, traveling laptop, etc )

whether corp email is "their mail" or corp mail and corp IP is
a separate issue ...
	- i say anything done at company time, company property
	and company topics/subjects is company's responsibilities

and if they say, they didnt get an important email from tom at some
customer site.. than what broke ???
	- the mta  or the clients additional spam filters ?

	- if other people at the corp got emails from the same customer
	site at roughly the same time, than the client's additional
	spam filters is suspect ...

just trying to prevent "it works for me and fails for tom, dick and harry"
and there's lots of individuals
	- i prefer the it works for all or fails for all approach instead
	of tweeking for each user

lots of various email policy ... for corporations to implement

c ya
alvin