Antispam

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Jul 14 18:07:53 PDT 2003

>Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:18:49 -0700
>From: Alberto Begliomini <aub at coldstone.com>
>To: Alvin Oga <alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com>
>CC: BayLISA <baylisa at baylisa.org>
>Subject: Re: Antispam

>Right. Except that if you are travelling, or at Starbucks, or anywhere
>where you do not have control over the MTA an email client with
>anti-spam features would help. Furthermore, this is a nice feature for
>people who are not system administrators and whose ISP's do not offer
>anti-spam features.

Huh??!?  Since when does where *I* am have anything to do with where my
MTA is?

I access mail via an SSH tunnel to one of my machines at home (under
"screen":  thanks for the tip, Rick!) -- even if I am at home.  (The
laptop's keyboard is the only one I use.  And the laptop runs FreeBSD.)

Also, I run my own MTA at home.  :-}  (Generally, when I update the
"access.db" at home, I also do so for www.baylisa.org, and vice versa.)

Peace,
david      (who has a hard time imagining using a Web broswer as an MUA)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Based on what I have seen to date, the use of Microsoft products is not
consistent with reliability.  I recommend FreeBSD for reliable systems.