Redhat kickstart help needed

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Wed Jul 9 04:07:59 PDT 2003

I got a system which requires a newer driver for its GigE port. Neither
the latest RH8 and RH9 kernel support this one (Intel 82541). I have
been fighting for hte last 16 hours, trying to built an updated kernel
for kickstart via pxe. I got the kernel and the module loading, updated
the vmlinuz, initrd.img, base2.img. But now when it tries to mount
via NFS the install directory or downloads via web the netstg1.img
and tries to loopback mount it, it complains. NFS shows

<4>nfs warning: mount version older than kernel

The F3 screen shows:

mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as /mnt/source/RedHat/base/stage2.img fd is -1
LOOP_SET_FD failed: Bad file number

Looks to me I need to upgrade something else, but I can't figure for the
hell out what.

--
Regards, Ulf.