list of companies that use UNIX

Wed Dec 3 18:47:49 PST 2003

hi ya eric

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Eric Chiu wrote:

> How can I get a list of small/mid-sized companies that use UNIX systems
> in the Sacramento area? I am looking for prospective clients, not UNIX vendors.
>
> A google search does not seem to be helpful...

assuming nobody wants cold calls from "hey, hire me cause i'm looking"
when they have not advertised the position is a bad thing in my book
	- sending in resumes is little better than cold calls,
	but still wont get a good response ...

i say ... if you want jobs...

	- let them come to you ...
	- much better to be in the "upper hand" during negotiations

- when they enter their keywords in google or wherever, of what they
  want..

	- "you" better be on the 1st page of google...
	if not, you have some marketing/advertising/thinking to do
	to make yourself show up on the 1st page

	- paying $$$ to google is the simplest answer ...

	- next step is to make yourself stick out ( special keywords
	unique to you ) in google/yahoo/alltheweb/excite searches
		- don't bother paying search engine folks
		( you'll just get more spam to buy even more widgets )

- other options ..
	- go to local chamber of commerce meetings
	- look in the paper for who's advertising for job openings
	- go to local **nix meetings that also have "jobs section"

	- go to online job sites, and enter "sacramento"
		http://www.Linux-Jobs.net/other.gwif.html

c ya
alvin

today's funky sig...

== fun stuff i need done .. asap ..
	- your price .. my terms or vice versa ..

	anybody out there knows how to use soldering irons, precision
	drill press ( 0.005" tolerance ), k-factors,
	( 360 degree pan/tilt camera thingie
		- electronics sorta done .. need the 2" matchbox for gears

	- also need to rig up a very secure wireless 802.11g network

	- also need to rig up xterm that displays across 4 monitors
		1/4 pic in each screen ..