company - Re: When a customer burns you.

Mon Dec 1 17:36:08 PST 2003

[This delay brought to the list by someone postin from an address which
is not the subscription address.  To avoid this delay -- and make less
work for me -- post from your subscribed address.  -- postmaster@]

hi ya

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Michael T. Halligan wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> > Vendetta marketing doesn't work really well for long term business
> > in an area.
>

> But why not? Credit companies have equifix, transunion, and experian.
>
> Banks have chexsystems.
>
> Why not an IT consultant's network/union to discuss employer's worthiness?

its not the company ... its the people that does the deciding not to
pay bills ... and usually if its a small company, they reinvent themself
as a new startup company of a new name ...

and somtimes, the company name change is legit as new investors come into
play and issue more stocks

i'd track the payment history of who the people are ( managers, investors
and employees that goa long with non payments )
- i have a long laundry list of places and people NOT to work for :-)

- collecting w/ lawyers ....
	- don't bother ...  its too expensive on time, labor, paperwork
	you need for the courts ...

	- even if you win, how do you collect on judgements ..
	( writ of execution is nice, but thats a 1-time hand in the till )

	- mechanics liens, as has been pointed is great, if you can
	actually get the judge go give you one and have it held up
	as payable liens ..
		( mechanics liens for cars, plumbing, carpentry is all
		( well argued and holds its weight

-- posting non-paying bozos will just open you up for libel/slander
   independent of whether it is true or not ...
	- credit reports are not for public review even if its "true"

-- if we/you/somebody get a ex- (head) corp council for trw[epecurian],
   transunion or cbi or equifax .... than i'd join that
   "bad-risk-client" database  ven if it costs $100/month or more

	-- and pay $xxx to get a "bill paying" credit report of the new
	customers

	-- by the way, don't bother calling references they give you,
	call up their other customers that provide services, invoices
	to them and see if they pay them ..

c ya
alvin