Thu, Aug 14 - Peninsula Linux Users' Group

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Mon Aug 11 01:37:59 PDT 2003

PenLUG (Peninsula Linux Users' Group), the bay area's newest Linux
organization, will be having a meeting on:

  Thursday
  August 14, 2003
  7:00pm - 9:00pm

We will be meeting at the Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores.  We
meet in building 100, room 104 ("1op104" in Oracle parlance).  The
address is:

  100 Oracle Parkway
  Redwood Shores, CA 94065

Agenda:

  7:00 - 7:30 PM: Nuts & Bolts presentation by Tim Flagg:
                  "Why Linux?"
  7:30 - 8:30 PM: Keynote presentation by Wim Coekaerts, Oracle's Linux Guru:
                  "A view of the state of Linux in the Enterprise."
  8:30 - 9:00 PM: App of the Month Club discussion led by Akkana Peck:
                  "The GIMP"

After the meeting, we will adjourn to a local restaurant (TBD) for
social & food time.

PenLUG is the bay area's newest Linux club.  We meet once a month at
the Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA.  Meetings are always
free, and open to the public.

For more on this meeting, including directions and public transportation
information, visit:

  http://www.penlug.org/

To stay on top of the latest Peninsula Linux news, please join our
"members" mailing list; there's a link on our homepage.  If you are
interested in receiving announcements, but not receiving all of the
chat on the regular list, let me know and I will add you to an
"announce" list that we will be setting up shortly.

--Bill.