BayLISA this Thurs (4/17) 7:30 pm

Heather Stern star at baylisa.org
Mon Apr 14 01:27:11 PDT 2003

Open up that planner, get it into your PDA, or at least make sure that if you
want to go you're not triple booked against going to this month's meeting...
BayLISA meets this week!

...the third Thursday of the month, so if you're reading this on Thursday
that'd be tonight :D

For the calendar challenged that's April 17th...

        Topic    - A Romp Through the Early History of Computing
        Speaker  - Len Shustek
        When     - 7:30 pm until oh, 9:30 or so... expect to get out around 10.
        Where    - Apple's "De Anza Building Three"
                   10500 North De Anza Blvd
                   Cupertino

Actually, you could show up around 7 pm if you feel like; we don't bite.

Hmm, I'm having difficulty thinking of the nearly frozen mainframe level of a
building as "Romper Room" but I think this will be a fun trip through history.

.... don't forget our New Membesrhip drive!  BayLISA members (or past-members)
     bringing us a new member (never been a BayLISA member before) get their own
     membership this year, or 1 year renewed.

De Anza is a large major thoroughfare.  The nearest ordinary cross streets
are De Anza and Mariani (also known as the entrance to Apple Campus) - the
nearest major cross street would be Stevens Creek Blvd.
   From 280/De Anza exit -- turn southward, the next light is Mariani.
   	If you pass Stevens Creek you definitely went too far.
   From 85 -- well, you *could* exit De Anza and drive a distance north -
	past Stevens Creek by a couple of blocks - but it's much more efficient
	to use the 85/280 juncture.

Assuming you exit 280 at De Anza, then...
   1. turn LEFT at Mariani (into the rightmost lane)
   2. immediately turn RIGHT into the blue-apple parking lot
   3. Go around the building to its right and park on its southern side
	so you are near the auditorium we're in.

A bunch of us like to go out afterwards for foodstuff.   The good places open
that late and close enough are pretty limited after we consider how long it
takes folk to pack up.  Our choices are BJ's up the street a short distance,
and the Duke of Edinburgh pub on Wolfe (one freeway esit, great ambience to
go with our BayLISA pint glasses).   Their grills close at 11, so we'll be
wanting to estimate how many people will be going early enough to call ahead
and have the chef stay on, just in case.

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-