BayLISA Needs YOU!

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon Oct 14 09:40:42 PDT 2002

BayLISA is run by a board of directors, elected by the membership.  Every
year at the November meeting, either three or four of the seven seats need
to be filled.  This year, it's four.

One of them could be you.  If you have been to a few meetings, and find any
value in them, please consider running.  The time committment is not that
much -- the board meets on the first Thursday of every month, and discusses
things by email at other times.  The work is not that hard -- BayLISA's
strong reputation makes lining up speakers (the principal task) easier than
I imagined it would be.  Believe it or not, you just have to ask.

You will be giving something back to the community.  And you'll be getting
something, too: professional contacts, the item on your resume (looks
pretty good!), and of course a warm feeling.

At the October meeting (this Thursday), we reserve some time for candidates
to make a brief statement.  Please make up your mind to run, drop us a note
at <blw at baylisa.org> with a nomination, send a brief written statement to
the main list <baylisa at baylisa.org>, and/or stand up on Thursday and take
the mike.  It's a little scary, but shouldn't be: it's a group of people
just like you.

-- Jim Hickstein, President (for one more month), BayLISA

--

You must be a member to vote in the November board election.  Membership,
you recall, is $45/year for individuals, $500 for corporations.  Are you

[1] After almost eleven years, the cobbler's children still have no shoes.
There is an electronic database (*ahem* that took 8 years), but it's not
yet directly available for the members themselves to review.  You can make
this a plank in your platform. :-)