systemic problems?

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Sat Nov 30 12:53:09 PST 2002

I use Time Warner RR in Kansas City and Verizon DSL in Buffalo.  Both
were just sucking last week, but seem to have corrected themselves.  The
Verizon Level 2 tech called to let me know he'd "updated my
configuration" and when I turned my DSL modem back on it should pick up
the new config and be fixed (it did and was).  The RR guys said they had
been in the midst of increasing bandwidth in our area the previous week,
and that it should be better now (it is).  It was just odd that both
providers were experience the same strange behavior (as opposed to a
straight outage).  Lossy connections are aparantly the norm with
broadband these days I guess.

Rich