Sun CD-ROM problems

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 26 22:09:28 PST 2002

Quoting Jim Hickstein (jxh at jxh.com):

[Concerning an Ultra10:]

> It will probably end up running Debian/SPARC, in fact.  (We have some x86
> Debian boxen, so I've learned about apt-get.)  But booting Solaris 8 from
> the CD is a fine torture test to be sure the drive is working.

I list known Freenix options for SPARC, here:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/sparc

(The remark about FreeBSD being newly functional on SPARC is duly noted.
I may have to revise my remarks, if it's now in a usable state.)

--
Cheers,                     "All power is delightful, but absolute power
Rick Moen                    is absolutely delightful."  - Kenneth Tynan
rick at linuxmafia.com