Sun CD-ROM problems

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at 2003.snew.com
Tue Nov 26 17:44:34 PST 2002

Jumpstart, or at least a diskless boot, is really really
useful when you have real Unix boxes around.  When that
boot disk dies (they never die, but when they do ...) you
move it to your "oh crap" net segment and boot it and
recover data.

And why waste an Ultra-10 on Solaris when you could be running a
nice BSD? :)  Open/Net and FreeBSD all run on the Ultra10 (Freebsd,
newly).  You have /usr/ports/, you have source, etc.

Quoting Jim Hickstein (jxh at jxh.com):