Need Sun RJ-45 console cable

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at 2003.snew.com
Tue Nov 26 17:40:18 PST 2002

Quoting William R Ward (bill at wards.net):
> Quaere: what gender DB-25's did Macs have?  I think the current Macs
> don't have them at all, but I seem to recall the early ones did.  And
> I think it was female, in which case shame on them, but I'm not sure.

Mac's used MiniDIN-8 connectors (female) only for serial.  No DB
anything.  Recall how small the "classic" mac was (is? I'm looking
at my OpenBSD Classic II over there...)

They followed the SCSI-1 spec with their DB25 (half of the 50 pin
SCSI are ground, you don't really need ALL those grounded at the
chassis-it's mostly to sheild signal pins from a neighbor and you
can do that within the cable.  However they made some "interesting"
interpretations of the SCSI command standard that were clarified
in SCSI 2.

<ADV>
So, anyone looking for a consultant who knows sendmail really really
well?  (along with ldap, dns and the usual suspects).
</ADV>

chuck