Need Sun RJ-45 console cable

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Nov 26 10:06:15 PST 2002

A Sun Fire V120 showed up at my site, naturally with zero supporting cables
or documentation.  Naturally, it doesn't respond to ping.  Can anyone loan
me an X6973A Serial Connector Kit for a week or so, until the owners of the
machine can send their copy from France?

It appears in:

 http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SunFireV120/components.html#E
XPL

but I'd be grateful for any other information from those who have
experience with Sun's new foray into using everyone's favorite connector to
overload yet another function onto it.  Does it use the same pinout as
anyone _else's_ RS-232 mapping?  Cisco, say, or Digi?  What are the chances
I can go straight into a Digi console server?  (Yeah, right.)  Is it a DTE
or a DCE?  Is the pinout documented anywhere?  (My FEHB is way out of date.)

Thanks for any info and/or parts.

-Jim